The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) and National Rifle Association (NRA) Competitive Shooting Sports division are proud to invite all qualified 2018 Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP) athletes to apply for the SSSF/NRA All Scholastic Team.
The All Scholastic Team recognizes achievements of student athletes in the shooting sports for their accomplishments in the classroom, in their communities and on the range.
Eligible athletes of all ages are invited to apply.
Requirements for 2018 application:
- Must be 2018 registered athletes in good standing with SCTP or SASP. This requires athlete payment and consent/waiver form is on file with the national program administrative office. (To see complete information on how to register with the SCTP and SASP, click here.)
- Must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average. Applications must include transcript through the last grading period ending on or before April 1, 2018. Transcript for 9th grade and above must include cumulative GPA for academic career.
- Must meet one of the following shooting qualifications and supply proof of official match record. Match record must be from official shoot bulletin, SCTP or ATA/NSSA/NSCA/USAS/SASP leaderboard or equivalent. Copies of scoresheets or statements of scores from coaches will not be accepted. Clay target scores must be from a whole event, for example one 200 target event, two 100 target events or four 50 target events. Picking and choosing rounds from different events is not acceptable.
- SCTP (skeet or trap) – achieved 190/200 targets (or equivalent in lesser target format) in a competition between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
- SCTP (sporting clays) – achieved 170/200 targets (or equivalent in lesser target format) in a competition between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
- SCTP (bunker trap, international skeet, or international doubles trap) – achieved 110/125 targets in a competition between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
- SASP – achieved a total match score of 75 seconds or less in an SASP match between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
- Must supply two letters of recommendation from a coach, teacher, or adult third party
- Must supply a photograph suitable for publication
- Deadline for application is May 4, 2018, 5:00PM central time, no exceptions.
To complete the application, click here. You will need to provide your SSSF athlete ID (ask your coach to lookup in the SHOT system), name, email address, phone number, school attending, state of residence, grade level, which program(s) you are qualified for, GPA and information on the shoots/matches attended to qualify the applicant.
Supporting materials for the application must include official transcripts from the last grading period ending on or before April 1, 2018, proof of shooting record, two letters of recommendation from a coach, teacher, or other adult 3rd party and a photograph suitable for publication. All materials must be electronic and uploaded to the survey collector as part of the application. Two letters of recommendation, proof of shooting record and transcript must be uploaded as ONE file (.pdf file is preferred) to the survey collector.
Mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
All applications must be submitted to the survey collector no later than May 4, 2018, at 5 p.m. central time. Those athletes qualified and selected for the team will receive a printed certificate and a pin for their achievements and be recognized during the 2018 SSSF/SCTP/SASP National Championships on July 18 in Marengo, Ohio.